Saturday 1 January 2011

New Years Day Ride 2011

Happy New Year!

I had it in my head last night to get up early and go for a ride today. (I wasnt particularly drunk last night and I am not a big fan of new year anyway). Turned out I was wide awake about 5:30 so i thought i may aswell get up!

All roads deserted, though it was about 7am, sunrise was about 7:45, but it was too cloudy to be any good.
Heres my route on Bikemap.
I have found a long climb I like that goes through Gregson Lane, gradually gets steeper till I am puffing a lot by the top, 15 mins up, 5 mins down, good fun!
I hit 30mph coming down, which made me think that a car hitting you at 30mph would do you some damage,
  • Hit by a car at 20 mph, 1 out of 40 pedestrian will be killed,
    97% will survive
  • Hit by a car at 30 mph, 2 out of 10 pedestrians will be killed,
    80% will survive
so falling off a bike at 30mph doesnt bear thinking about!

Preston Docks
 


Preston flag market - Deserted!
Foggy hill in Gregson Lane
 


Cheers for now
DB

No comments:

Post a Comment