Wednesday 9 March 2011

Parbold Hill Ride: 23miles that turned into 44

I went caving saturday, up in the Yorkshire Dales. I am a member of South Ribble Caving Club, will probably put some caving pics on here at some point. We were underground for about 4hours, climbing, crawling, abseiling etc, this meant that I was hurting sunday morning. As part of the LEJOG training we need to be able to get back on the bike when tired so I went for a ride anyway.
Heres the route: http://www.bikemap.net/route/843514

Ulnes Walton
view from Parbold Hill






view from Parbold Hill


 Parbold Hill View point video

So good to get out in the sunshine! It was still chilly, there were loads of cyclists about, its a popular cycling area round there. I got the Route from a book called 'On Your Bike in Lancashire', I added on extra miles to get from my house to the start point in Leyland. I had synchronised the route with all its turns to my Garmin GPS which sits on my handlebars. Well I thought I had! Turns out it decided to miss out the last quarter of the return leg home. So I had to wing it for a little while...ha ha.

Cheers
DB

No comments:

Post a Comment